As of May 28th, 2021, the following updates to the COVID‑19 Pandemic Travel Plan came into effect:
- If the clients are fully vaccinated against COVID 19 before their coverage effective date, they will be offered up to $5,000,000 CAD for emergency medical expenses related to COVID 19 *1
- Trip Interruption benefits now available only if the client’s original trip duration is 31 days or longer, before any extensions. It is not available if their original trip duration is 30 days or less
- Emergency medical expenses related to COVID 19 are now covered if the clients are on a cruise and have been fully vaccinated *2
- The policy does not cover expenses related to the cost of and any expenses for a COVID 19 test that is mandated by any entity with appropriate authority (such as a government or a transportation service) for entry into or exit from a country/jurisdiction or to use its services
- $500 CAD benefit for Level 4 “Avoid All Travel” Advisory by Canadian Government will no longer be available
To quote and apply for the COVID‑19 Pandemic Travel Plan, visit Manulife’s website now.
- The clients are eligible for $5,000,000 CAD coverage if they have received the full course of immunization for COVID‑19 that is authorized by Health Canada. It must be taken according to manufacturer’s recommendation and/or the applicable health authority before their coverage effective date. They must also wait the applicable period of time for it to become fully effective based on the manufacturer’s recommendation, or as dictated by the applicable health authority, before their departure date.
- If the clients have not received the full course of immunization for COVID‑19 that is authorized by Health Canada, this policy does not provide any coverage for COVID‑19 and any related complications on a cruise or at any destination included in their cruise itinerary.
Note: We strongly encourage Canadians to adhere to the recommendations of the Government of Canada and medical professionals around the world during this time. For those who do decide to travel, Manulife supports the health and safety of Canadians by offering specialized travel insurance for COVID‑19.
The COVID‑19 Pandemic Plan may be purchased as a top‑up, in addition to being a stand‑alone plan.
Share this post